Before

Lombardy

Talbot County, Maryland

Established in the late 17th century, Lombardy is a 252-acre farm with extensive frontage on the Miles River in Talbot County, Maryland. Over a five year period our work on the property included site planning, restoration and renovation of the main house (c. 1929), the guest house (c. 1776) and a mid-twentieth century bank barn, as well as the design of several new structures including: a caretaker’s house, a pool house and a garden shed. 

The restored houses, an ensemble of sympathetically designed outbuildings, and the site improvements all serve to give Lombardy the appearance of a cherished property that has been refreshed.


  • Northern Virginia Chapter AIA/ Award of Excellence in Historic Architecture, 2012
  • Elegant Homes, Summer 2012
  • Renovation Style, Fall 2011
  • Period Homes, May 2010 

View Original House:
Front Exterior
Guest Exterior
Rear Exterior
Rear Exterior